.LASIK Eye Surgery Facts
As one of the most popular forms of vision correction in today’s world, LASIK surgery is being performed on more and more people each day. This corrective surgery is a ground breaking medical advancement in the world of Optometry. Instead of having to insert prescription contact lenses day after day, or have to worry about updating eyeglasses prescription every few years, you can now have one single process to have clear vision without any assistance. Luckily, your Eye Doctor Indianapolis Dr. Amy Walden & Associates also specialize in Lasik eye surgery. After Lasik, you can experience the world around you and perform daily activities such as driving your car, reading a book, looking at a computer, and playing sports.
It is understandable why this advanced eye surgery has been a growing trend among people with prescription contact lenses or eyeglasses who are tired of the daily chore of dealing with them. Yet, it is still a procedure that raises questions as it may sound too good to be true. This, however, is not the case, but it is very important to ask your Eye Doctor Indianapolis all of the questions you have and to make sure you are 100% on board with the surgery, as it is an irreversible process.
FAQ’s About Lasik
- What does LASIK eye surgery actually entail?
- What is the length of this procedure and is there more than one session?
- What are the outcomes post surgery?
- What are the drawbacks or side effects of this surgery?
- What is the success rate of 20/20 vision in patients after the procedure?
- How much does a surgery like this cost?
- Will I be in much pain during or after surgery?
These are all common and equally important questions that patients need to be informed about before going into any type of agreement to undergo LASIK surgery. At Dr. Amy Walden and Associates, our highly skilled team of Optometrists is committed and available to answer any and all questions our patients have regarding their eye care. Our Eye Doctor Indianapolis office ensures our patients are well-informed about their vision so they are confident that their eye care is in good hands. Potential LASIK patients can call in or contact our office at anytime if you have any questions you wish to be answered.
What is LASIK?
LASIK Eye Surgery is professionally defined as the corrective eye surgery procedure to correct vision with a inner corneal reshaping laser method. Yes, this does sound like a risky process for the average reader, but our team of skilled and experienced Eye Doctor Indianapolis and LASIK Surgeons at Dr. Amy Walden and Associates have had several successful surgeries and plenty of happy and healthy patients. In fact, LASIK corrective vision surgery was found to be impressively consistent in high marks for safety, outcomes, and patient satisfaction by the FDA. The actual risk of sight-threatening infection from contact lenses is much high than in LASIK (1 in 500 versus 1 in 10,000). There has also never been any case of blindness due to LASIK, which is something a lot of patients ask about before the procedure. With this assurance of safety, this one time, painless procedure will change your life for the better and help you start living your life with 20/20 vision! The side effects after receiving treatment can be temporary itching or burning sensation immediately after surgery, some blurry vision and haziness immediately afterwards, and dryness in your eyes. After you have received treatment, it’s very imperative to take good care of your eyes to ensure 100% recovery.
Top 5 LASIK Recovery Tips
- DO NOT rub your eyes. This can damage your corneal flap and may require you to have your doctor adjust it.
- Avoid bacteria friendly habitats such as hot tubs, steam rooms, and swimming pools.
- Do not stare long at a computer screen or into artificial bright lights. This can increase dryness in your eyes.
- Protect your eyes from the sun by wearing 100% full UV protective sunglasses.
- Avoid high-impact sports and exercise as sweat can get into your eyes and disrupt your recovery.
Contact Your Eye Doctor Indianapolis to Learn More About LASIK
For more information or if you have any questions or concerns regarding our LASIK Eye Surgery, contact one of our professional surgeons at Dr. Amy Walden & Associates today!